Monday, December 1, 2008

What do you say?

Today a friend of mine called me and told me some news. He had decided to quit the game. Not just that though, he had went to all of his characters, sold off all his gear and items, deleted all his characters and gave all the gold to one of our guild members. I didn't have much time to talk and neither did he but I didn't know what to say, I still don't. Now this is someone who has been playing much longer than me. I have been in for a little more than a year and a half while he started nearly at launch. He was the first person I knew who played even before I knew what he was talking about. I am not totally surprised that he decided to do this, he has been increasingly uninterested in playing lately. I am still enjoying myself so I don't see me doing this anytime soon. He is also an emotional person, and having known him personally for over 10 years, I know he has a tendency to overreact to things. I am wondering if this is just a reaction to his inability to find a focus in game or if there is some bigger issue. If he is really just ready to give it up then I say good for him, knowing when to quit something, even a video game, is a good sign and if you are not having any fun whats the point right. I just don't know what to say, and since I plan to keep playing I wonder if this will effect how much we talk and hang out. I guess we'll just have to see.

No comments: