Saturday, July 2, 2011

So Free2Play WOW, things must be rough at Activision

I just read this article 'World of Warcraft' ... your first hit is now free over at MSNBC. I know WOW has been bleeding subscribers left and right but this seems like a drastic move unless they are planning on announcing their new MMO this year. The first 20 levels free is quite a ploy. I am curious what other limits they are going to impose on the F2P players. It is amazing though, I bet it will get those subscriber numbers up pretty quick because a lot of people will play just because its free. I mean WOW is probably the most polished and accessible MMO out so getting people in the door is really the key. I started on the trial way back when and got hooked in for years, if this lets people do low level pvp and and mail stuff and join guilds they may be on to something if it is limited like their trial membership then I don't think it will make much of a difference in the long run. Its not enough to get me to sub back in but I was just given 7 free days so who knows stranger things have happened.

K Out!

No comments: